Prostate cancer used to be considered old man’s disease but that has changed. This has prompted AIA’s Priority Protection to step up its prostate cancer cover.
Facts about prostate cancer:
- In Australia, about 20,000 new prostate cancer cases are diagnosed yearly.
- About 3,300 men die of prostate cancer; about the same number of women who succumb to breast cancer yearly.
- Prostate cancer is a slow growing disease.
In the past, prostate cancer was generally diagnosed in men aged above 70. To most of the patients, other diseases kill them before the cancer does. Recent developments have changed these facts.
- As more and more men live longer, the disease spreads beyond the prostate resulting to more serious complications.
- Prostate cancer is now detected among men in their 40s or 50s. With men’s longer existence, the disease potentially becomes more threatening. Early diagnosis and treatments are vital.
- Study shows that prostate cancer in younger men is more aggressive and more life-threatening in a shorter time.
Learn more about how you can secure your Trauma Insurance with AIA and protect your future against prostate cancer. Get in touch with CCA Fp today.